The Job: Senior Quantity Surveyor - Mechanical & Electrical
Boyd Recruitment are currently working alongside one of the UK's largest M&E contractors who are looking to recruit an ambitious Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their team based in Cumbria.
Our client is well-reputed within the UK construction industry and will play a key role in several significant projects nationwide. Due to their current workload, they are looking to add a dynamic Senior Quantity Surveyor to strengthen their commercial team.
- Provide pre and post commercial advice/ support to the operational teams.
- Support the operational teams in providing a customer focused service and attaining the highest standards of operational delivery to maximise projects profitability and minimise risk
- Support the projects by providing advice and feedback in the promotion of best commercial practice throughout the company.
Corporate governance and insurance
- Ensure completion of contract documentation and undertake contract reviews and negotiations to align with governance requirements.
- Ensure all bonds, warranties and company guarantees are agreed in accordance with commercial and group procedures.
- Manage and monitor the contract terms and conditions along with contractual obligations.
- Take a leading role in resolution of contractual disputes.
- Liaise with our insurance broker to ensure all commercial matters are properly handled.
- Ensure the correct insurance requirements are installed in the contracts.
Bid requirement/ Business growth.
- Support the bidding process commercially.
- Where new opportunities are identified to ensure each tender has the appropriate level of review and tender risk assessment
- Protect stakeholder interests through full use of the company governance framework during the tendering gateways.
- Represent the commercial function at tender reviews.
- Ensure that subcontract orders are professional, accurate, comprehensive, and issued prior to commencement on site.
- Provide advice and support to the operational team such that subcontracts reflect the contract specific requirements in addition to the company standard terms.
- Review and interrogate Cost Value Reconciliations (CVRs)
- Be influential in the maximisation of profit margins.
- Liaise with operational and finance staff to ensure that work in progress and debt levels are not allowed to build up in the business undetected
- Ensure that all customer variations are maximised, documented, priced and agreed at the earliest opportunity.
- Manage, source, or produce final accounts and any necessary claims.
- Work effectively with the project teams in the identification of cost overspend to maximise profit.
- Work with the operational leads for the formulation of monthly forecasts and budget reporting
Wider training, development, and support
- Support, mentor and develop the operational team and undertake commercial training as and when required.
- Promote and instil good commercial principles across the business.
The following attributes are essential:
- Behavioural attitudes, conduct and demeanour that truly reflects values.
- Effectively represent the company when dealing with customers and consultants
- Very strong negotiation skills
- Desire to share and influence in the future growth and success of the business.
- Flexible approach to accommodate the demands of an expanding company.
- Effectively apply and manage commercial activities in a business environment.
- Able to work on own initiative and be able to schedule workload to meet priorities.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Professional membership of a relevant organisation would be desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within a similar industry sector
- Proven record of contract negotiation, risk management and contract implementation
- Team player
- Able to communicate clearly and expressively.
- Skilled negotiator, with proven experience in a commercial environment
- Good organisational skills
- Good financial acumen with an ability to analyse complex data and documentation with accuracy.
- Capable of influencing within cross-functional teams
- Must have strong leadership skills in a negotiating and ‘deal closing’ environment.
- A full driving licence in essential
- PC Literate with knowledge of MS applications e.g. Word, Excel
- Works well under pressure
Please click apply and attach an up-to-date CV if you would like to proceed in learning more about this Senior Quantity Surveyor opportunity.