Civils Project Manager – Central Scotland/Ayrshire
Boyd Recruitment are currently recruiting a Civils Project Manager for our client’s infrastructure division on projects across the central belt of Scotland and Ayrshire.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the successful delivery of civil construction projects to meet programme, cost, quality, and H&S targets.
The Civils Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring the best utilisation of the workforce while ensuring Site Supervisors are fully briefed on site requirements. Being fully aware of the financial targets of each contract and ensuring that the costs are in line with the budget. Managing programmes to ensure that projects are completed within timescales. Ensuring best practice of policies and procedures are adhered to, while meeting client needs.
- Ensuring that labour is on site and that works are being carried out effectively, correctly and to specification and that an accurate daily report is compiled.
- Carry out weekly cost reconciliations of plant, labour, and material to ensure projects are managed efficiently.
- Organise transport and pick up points to meet company and client needs.
- Carry out site visits to monitor that the Company Health, Safety and Environmental Plan is being effectively implemented.
- Assess the scope of works prior to commencement.
- Record any works which could be considered additional and relay the information to the Quantity Surveyor.
- Visit clients as necessary to monitor effectiveness of existing contracts and to try to win new work.
- Implement company policies and procedures applicable to their project works to ensure they are applied effectively.
- Ensure personnel have the correct equipment and PPE to carry out the work.
- Report any no shows or any disciplinary issues to the Contracts/General Manager so that an investigation can be carried out and any disciplinary action can be taken if necessary.
- Represent the company at post tender, pre-start, progress, and final account meetings with external individuals.
- Represent the company at internal meetings e.g., handover and cost meetings with internal individuals.
- Administer the contract to accommodate external statutory bodies e.g., SEPA, HSE, local authorities and statutory service providers.
- To liaise with Training Centre staff on a regular basis to ensure status of workforce competencies are up to date, plan any training requirements to achieve maximum utilisation of personnel.
- Ensure projects are managed proactively and efficiently.
- Interrogate designs for buildability.
- Ensure that contractor design portions are produced and signed off prior to construction (with assistance from contract manager/design manager where required)
- Ensure quality inspections are carried out to demonstrate compliance with project requirements and industry standards.
- Produce and maintain project programmes.
- Produce progress reports and chair progress and technical meetings.
- Scoping and procurement of work packages along with project QS.
The successful Civils Project Manager should have:
- HNC/HND Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- Previous experience as Project Manager in Civils projects
- IT literacy – Microsoft Access, Word, Excel, Project, and Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
To find out more about the Civil Project Manager position, please apply by attaching an up-to-date CV or calling Lorna at Boyd Recruitment on 07765292201.