The Role: Electrical Estimator
Boyd Recruitment are currently working with an established M&E contractor who have a fantastic reputation for delivering a high-quality service in the Public buildings, retail, commercial, domestic and leisure sectors across Scotland. Due to their continued growth and success, they now have a fantastic opportunity for a Electrical Estimator to join their commercial team.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent knowledge of Electrical services and shall possess relevant experience working in estimating or project management.
The successful candidate will be located in the Edinburgh office working in a friendly, positive office environment alongside the rest of the estimating, design and contracts management team. The company offers Hybrid option which offers 1-2 days working from home.
- Fulltime permanent
- Monday to Friday
- £50,000 per year
- Plus car Package
- To review and assess the tender documentation and requirements to enable production of successful tenders Agreeing tender values with Clients
- To identify and report on risk and opportunity/scope Maintaining spreadsheets & preparing reports relating to tender submissions
- To work collaboratively as a key member of the estimating team
- Make sure that tenders take in to account health and safety, quality and environmental legislation as well as being compliant with our own H&S policies and procedures
- To produce accurate net estimates with full breakdowns for adjudication
- To seek value engineering & advantage through tender process
- Technical expert on all scopes of work particular to the project you are working on
- Have a minimum of 2 years estimating experience of working in a similar role – desirable
- Estimating/Quantity Surveying qualification – desirable
- Understanding and knowledge of estimating/quantity surveying
- Have a full UK driving license
- Excellent Customer Service, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent negotiation and decision-making skills
- An analytical approach with excellent time management skills imperative
- A strong commercial acumen with good negotiation skills with the ability to liaise effectively with clients and architects to build robust ongoing relationships.
If you are interested in this role, please apply by attaching your up date CV. If you would like more information, please call 0141 501 0552 and ask for Brian